Monday, November 7, 2011

Books I Love and Why...

Oh man, have I been truly blessed this year with some amazing books!  For those of you who are avid readers...you know what I am talking about...the joy of finding a great read. A book you can't put down because it transforms your thinking and after reading it, you're forever changed.  It's been one after the other since March and so I thought I would share them with you. I feel like I could sit at a book club and talk for hours about each one of these books.  Hope they bless you as well!

1)  "Heaven Is For Real" by Todd Burpo...because I've lost someone and it brought me peace and hope and forever changed my perspective on Heaven.

2)  "The Shack" by William P. Young...because it was the best depiction for me so far, of what God's grace actively looks like.

3)  "Have Heart" by Steve Berger...because they knew my pain and they forever changed my perspective on how close Heaven and Earth really are...that are loved ones who have passed are still very alive, active and aware of us here.

4)  "Same Kind of Different as Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore...because it showed me how ignorant I was to homelessness and just how much I needed to be taught about it.

5)  "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett....because racism was and is real and it's disgusting. It made me ashamed to be white...as I think it should have.

6)  "Kisses From Katie" by Katie Davis...because their is a stirring within my spirit to do more and to live differently and to walk by faith alone. Her story blew me away.  I am forever changed.

7)  "Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe" by Todd Wilson...because it is freeing and hilarious and it has taught me to take a deep breath and enjoy my days.

What are some of your favorite reads?  I am always looking for a great read...got any ideas for me?

With love,
Annette

4 comments:

2echoEcho said...

Eat Pray Love, Left to Tell and The Healing Code. Can't remember if you read the first two with us. And I am not finished with the last one but so far, incredible. All three: must reads!!! :) Great list, I still need to read Heaven is for Real and Kisses from Katie!

Anonymous said...

Mittens strings from God great book for those w kids. Reminds u to keep it simple.
Randee

annetteandherdautherfillingin... said...

Oh yeah Echo!! I knew I was leaving off a couple...I did read those first two, but haven't yet read The Healing Code...and Randee, thanks girl...always need a book that reminds me of that. Love you guys.

Mitzi said...

mel told me to read the shack and loved it. i read most of it during our vacation in a cabin. which it thought was most fitting.