Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful...

Just had an incredible night with some incredible friends...riding the high from cultivating friendships...what a blessing it is so be able to meet people you instantly connect with.  So thankful for people who are open, real, teachable, fun, transparent, seeking, wise and humble.  It is so freeing to be with people who share your same struggles and get what you are all about.  It feels like a gift from God tonight...to be able to have done that.  We were able to laugh about the funny things our children say to us, laugh off our extra belly weight, compare notes on how we run our home school day and squelch some of our fears...

I know God gave us community and team ship for a reason and I am thankful to have it in my life.  I am thankful, like always, to hear Ali sing and to see her filled with joy...to hold my nephew Maddux in my arms and to hug Ali's new husband and constantly be reminded that God heals and restores us if we ask and if we let him...

I am thankful for getting a sitter and having a night out so I can be refreshed and filled...which ultimately blesses my children and my marriage... I am thankful that I don't let guilt talk me out of that...for knowing it's value and feeling it's benefits.

I am thankful for my husband who works crazy hours to bless this crazy home we have.  I am thankful for all my babies who are tucked in safe to sleep and for the hope of a new day tomorrow...hearing their giggles, squabbles and playfulness.

And I am thankful for God and the peace Jesus brings my spirit...that hope, that friendship and that peace.  Thank you Father for reminding me to delight in my life.  I've been given so much.

In Him,
Annette

2 comments:

Julie said...

Just seeing all your faces makes my heart feel happy. I miss you guys! You are one of the good ones, Annette, and I hope your friends there know how lucky they are to have the Delks in their life! I am so thankful on every remembrance of you guys.

annetteandherdautherfillingin... said...

Really?! Am I really that blessed to have a friend write such an amazing comment. I am getting teary. You are wonderful and you just made my day. Love and miss you so much friend.