Monday, October 17, 2011

Things I Never Thought I'd Say Outloud

I don't know about you, but I sure do spend a fair amount of time stunned at what must come out of my mouth while parenting. My husband and I often give one another a look over the heads of our children in disbelief and with quite a smirk on our faces as well.  Here are a few of the things I never expected I would ever have to say out loud.  Prepare yourself...

  • That princess dress is for your sister to wear.
  • Do NOT lick my butt cheek.
  • Do NOT throw toys down the air return vent.
  • No, I do NOT want to see your penis.
  • Stop licking my arm!
  • Why are you covered in poop?
  • Do you have to poop or pee?  (I have said this at least 2,345 times now)
  • Which finger did you put in your bottom?!?!
  • Why did you just drill a hole in my living room wall with Daddy's power tool?
  • Why did you push your brother down the (VERY steep) driveway backwards in a Radio Flyer?
  • You CANNOT play outside naked.
  • Stop poking my boobs!
  • You are not allowed to draw houses on my wall.
  • Why did you put Vaseline all over your baby brothers head?
  • You cannot paint with Lego's and your poop!!!!
  • Just go pee over there...no one is looking.
  • I don't have a free hand to answer that phone right now because I am pumping.
  • I feel like a dairy cow.
  • Would you like me to unlock the back door and let you back in? Are you done playing outside?
  • Yes, your penis WILL get bigger as you get older.
  • You cannot cover you and your brother with Elmer's glue.
  • I haven't slept six hours straight in almost 3 months.
  • Did he eat grapes yesterday? I saw them in his diaper this a.m.
  • I need a new shirt, this one just got poop all over it.
  • You are NOT allowed to pull Melissa's bathing suit top off while you are swimming with her!!

Share with me your audible surprises...let's all get a great laugh in today delighting in the fun and sometimes challenging parts of parenthood.  It's always funnier when it isn't YOUR kid doing it, isn't it?  I definitely need the reminder today to laugh more and freak out less...I don't usually find these things funny until AFTER the fact. :) 

With love,
Annette

12 comments:

Jana said...

Don't dip your animal crackers in the potty.
Do not sit on PopPop's head.
Did you swallow a penny?
Did you eat some dirt?
Did you eat the ashes from the fireplace?
Did you eat the little package that says "DO NOT EAT" that came with the new shoes? ( the answers to the preceding questions were all "yes" and all directed at the same child).

Lisa said...

The thing that seems to come out of my mouth more than anything is "Gavin, (3yr old that I babysit) what are you eating?"

One conversation in particular went like this.
"Gavin, what are you eating?"
"Pider".
"Oh Lord."

Shylah said...

Haha...

-Jaxon! We don't throw the cat inside!!
-no. No. NO!!! you don't drum on your baby brothers head!!!
-he doesn't want you right now. You're NOT the lunch lady!!
-jaxon, you're a big boy!! Big boys don't eat their mommy's booboo's
-get off the counter. You're not an animal!

My list continues as I am actually saying things instead of just grabbing the kids and pulling them away from whatever they're doing...

Melissa said...

I couldn't wait for this post AND thank you for including my experience with Easton as the last one! He just goes after what he wants I guess!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!...
"You will never have a penis."
"No, you will never be a boy."
"No, you cant stand and pee like a boy."
"That's right, we don't ever choke our friends."
"No, You can't eat sand because it does not taste like sugar."
"No, , that's right we don't throw sand into our friends eyes."
"What ARE you doing on the counter...AGAIN?"
"No. The breastmilk and nursing is for the baby"
Ok... Thats all for now. I should start a blog for as much stuff goes on in this house. haha
Love you girl~ Chassi

Tyanne said...

Which one of you pooped in the shower?
Why did you draw on my walls, table, carpet and couch?
If you run out of toilet paper, hollar for me I'll bring you some more, it IS NOT ok to wipe with your underwear.
Did you wash your hands...with soap?
So much Drama!
If you don't turn that down, I'm going to turn it off!!!
I'm sure there's lots more, I just can't think of any more right now. Loved the post Annette.

Phyllis said...

I laughed the most at "You cannot play outside naked". Love you girl.
Glad you are writing. Proud of you!

Anonymous said...

I literally burst out laughing at the vaseline comment, though I was trying to stay quiet while reading in a room with two sleeping boys! I think your blog is wonderful! Keep up the good work! :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. I LOVE the picture you included! Priceless. :)

Mitzi said...

i think this is my favorite:
Which finger did you put in your bottom?!?!

MegHill said...

That is so great you have poop in your diaper! Mommy is so proud of you!
Get it all out! Don't worry I know throwing up is weird but you will feel much better.
No you can't grab toilet paper back out of the toilet once you throw it in!
There are many more...and the list will get ALOT longer once he can ask me questions:)

annetteandherdautherfillingin... said...

LOVE these friends! Thanks for the laugh and for joining in the fun! xoxo