Saturday, October 15, 2011

We All Have a Story to Tell...

I have experienced most of my family battling with alcoholism and/or drug abuse and the treatment centers that that required...depression, anxiety, sexual abuse, a devastating and life-altering abortion and the sudden, traumatic and tragic death of my beloved big brother...

I have also experienced God's tug on my heart, his healing power, being led across the country to follow him, baptism, the daily gift of my incredible husband, forgiveness, four beautiful children and one waiting for me in heaven, grace, salvation, joy, restoration, courage, strength, boldness, peace and faith.

I try to be a real person.  I struggle with patience, insecurity, need for approval, perfectionism, image and granting myself grace.

I am drawn to people who are REAL.  We need more of it!  I have walked through many UGLY things in my life, but God's continued story of redemption in me is BEAUTIFUL.

I pray we are all experiencing the joy and freedom of having nothing to hide. What's your story?  Are you telling it?  Is God being glorified by it? 

In Him,
Annette

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks,friend, for being REAL and for sharing your story! I love you and thinkg your awesome!
Stacey

Unknown said...

So awesome! Annette, you rock. I love that you're blogging your story and being REAL. It's an incredible thing to tell the parts of the story that have already happened and even more interesting to tell the parts as we're still working them out in our heads.

Tell Michael I love him and am hoping to spend more time with him once I better understand this working from home thing. I've been trying to blog out my thoughts on that too and I think it's helping.

Much love from our family to yours.